FastCheck Forum Index FastCheck
Get notified when you receive new emails!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC unable access FM and intermittent audible mail warnings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimTheMuso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: FC unable access FM and intermittent audible mail warnings Reply with quote

Hi,
If I change and apply anything at all in Options it says "Cannot access FM, continue anyway?" I continue and FC seems to work OK except sometimes I get no warning at all of new mail for hours and sometimess I get visual warning but no audible warning. (I switch my monitor off so the audible warnings are important to me). Have tried uninstall/reinstall etc. but still the same.
Win7 32-bit.

I think Eric may be busy or something as I see several posts not replied to for months so if anyone has anything to help with this problem I would appreciate it.
Jim.
JimTheMuso

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no reply to this and the problem has got worse. I have got to find some other way of getting mail notification or change my email system all together.
JimTheMuso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost a year now and no reply or questions. My son (who lives in N. Ireland but has a different system to me) has similar problems. He has been watching to see if I get any reply but, as nothing, he has now ditched FastMail and changing to some other mail sytem. I am researching different email systems to do the same. After something like 10 years it is a shame.
JimTheMuso

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I haven't ditched Fastmail but I have ditched Fastcheck. I know and appreciate hard work by people who have lives and a proper job outside helping elsewhere (here) but I don't see any point in having a system which either is not or cannot be supported. It goes against the grain but I am using an email client (Foxmail) which isn't perfect but generally does the job. At least I get RELIABLY notified when I have mail.
JimTheMuso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now switched to Popman. Also a client but so small and uses so few resources that it can be just used as a notifier. I am VERY, VERY disappointed that, in over a year, I have had no support or even a response at all to my query. Eric may be too busy but I would have thought that a moderator at least would have made some comment. I am so upset about this that I would ditch FastMail too if there was a decent alternative, but there isn't. However, I will make sure my comments are passed on to them and elsewhere. After many years of using a product (admittedly free although my Fastmail account is paid) it is pure bad manners not to even reply to a query. FastCheck is now uninstalled from my PCs (and my son's too) and I will delete the link to this blog also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FastCheck Forum Index -> FastCheck All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: