FastCheck Forum Index FastCheck
Get notified when you receive new emails!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Beta Release!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eric_thiebaut
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: New Beta Release! Reply with quote

I've just released a new Beta of FastCheck!
You can download it from http://www.FastCheck.org/download .

New features are:
    Fixed 'end-points out of sync' problem (server script fix)
    Sometimes the folder listbox shows in white and does not display properly for a new account
    Made FastCheck main icon a bit nicer
    Possibility to store/modify some information in the message objects (for custom scripts)
    Possibility to store/modify some information in the message list object (for custom scripts)
    Fixed crash on startup when PAC file was not accessible
    User the ServerId from the folder info to open the FastMail Inbox with the proper URL (.../mail#/...)
    Different set of icons (16 & 256 colours) depending on Windows version
    Fixed hardcoded 'Inbox.' prepending

Please read the following before downloading the new version:
This version of FastCheck now takes into account the multiple FastMail servers and properly manages Inbox subfolders. You will have to go to your Account detail message box, make sure all folders are selected and validate. Otherwise, some folders may not work and you may not be able to open your browser any longer.

As you can see, this version only contains a few new features & fixes. It was the summer and I wanted to take some time off! Wink Very Happy
Next version will have quite a few new features and use the new server-side scripts (FastServices). This will provide added functionality, faster checking time and much less bandwidth usage...

Hope you'll like this version! Very Happy

If you're interested in learning the new script features I added (adding custom info on a message or for the whole set), please open a new thread and I'll tell you what you can use it for! I'll try to update the documentation later today...

Have fun!

Eric
hamelame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for direct source of fast check & I think there are few decent features !
nellybominski

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sharing...I will check it
elenrock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gr8 share eric_thiebaut Smile
Teenzraul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded the new beta of Fastcheck. It seems really cool to work with. As you said the main icon is really good to see. I had some problems PAC file, and after I installed the beta version, that issue is fixed now.
Sodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Is there a new beta, and if so, where is it? Reply with quote

I'm confused. Since Fastmail made some changes a cuople of weeks ago, Fastcheck can tell me that there's new mail, but is unable to login.
So I was happy with a new beta, but the download link brings me to to version 2.3.0.0 Tried it to be sure, doesn't work. And Eric's post is from 2002. Anyone?
John Stokes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sodzilla wrote:
I'm confused. Since Fastmail made some changes a cuople of weeks ago, Fastcheck can tell me that there's new mail, but is unable to login.
So I was happy with a new beta, but the download link brings me to to version 2.3.0.0 Tried it to be sure, doesn't work. And Eric's post is from 2002. Anyone?

Follow this thread about the new interface??

http://www.fastcheck.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10848
Sodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Is there a new beta, and if so, where is it? Reply with quote

Thanks, John, I know of the other thread, but nothing much seems to be happening.
daavidfischer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new icon for FastCheck is really good. I have installed the new version from the link you have provided, and after the restart of the computer everything seems to be working fine. It was a good attempt by you.

face mask

Last edited by daavidfischer on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
paulfast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the direct link of the update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FastCheck Forum Index -> FastCheck All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: