FastCheck Forum Index FastCheck
Get notified when you receive new emails!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-pre-pre-pre alpha available
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flinchlock

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: My Firewall and Proxy Server Reply with quote

My firewall is called IPCop, and it includes the integration of the Squid Web proxy server. I have Squid configured with the "Transparent" option, which means my Web clients do not need to set up any proxy settings in their browsers, the proxy service functions automagically.

Under the FastMail.FM HTTP test, you will see PC name "k9" and port 800:
HTTP_VIA: 1.1 k9:800 (Squid/2.4.STABLE3)<p>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(See http://ipcop.sourceforge.net )

IPCop's main feature is as a firewall system for small offices or home networks. Being licensed under the GPL, it is free to use and therefore the only costs in getting it running are the hardware. IPCop supports up to three network interfaces, and includes the following features:
IPChains-based firewall
External interface can be an Analog modem, an ISDN modem, or an ADSL modem, and can support PPtP or PPPoE ADSL connections to Ethernet or USB modems.
DMZ Support
Web-based GUI Administration System
SSH server for Remote Access
DHCP server
Caching DNS
TCP/UDP port forwarding
Intrusion detection system (Snort)
IPSec based VPN Support (FreeSWAN) with Control Area and support for Check Point SecuRemote
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FastCheck Forum Index -> FastTest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: