FastCheck Forum Index FastCheck
Get notified when you receive new emails!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to the FastTest forum!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Howard
The "e" in e-mail

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the FastTest forum! Reply with quote

Wow, I'm a moderator! Thanks Eric--I'll be a good boy... Twisted Evil

So anyway, FastTest is just in design stages now, but I'd like to get something released in a couple of days. Here's the announcement over on "that other forum": http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3982

I'm looking for programmers who would like to get involved, or people who can help test (Linux or Windows 95+), or people who can help develop documentation (so that people know what to do when FastTest tells them the source of the problem).

You don't have to be a guru--I don't think this will be rocket science. I'll post code at SourceForge once something is written...
gpdoyon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: I'll chip in! Reply with quote

Hi Jeremy,

I've been looking for a project to help with and this seems like a good one. I've been programming in Delphi for years. I'm no guru but I've developed quite a few apps and have to write software for my own job on occassion.

Oh, I'm no TCP/IP guru either but I have dabbled with the Indy package before it was called "Indy" and bundled with Delphi.

What are the specifications?
nic76

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't programmed in Delphi for years and never anything with TCP/IP, so i don't think i can be off much help with that. I you need someone to do some tests behind a proxy/firewall, i'd love to help out.

OT: i remember years ago that borland changed it's name to inprise, but apparently their called borland again, and they now offer there software for free?! Confused
ady

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help on the testing and documentation. Never work on Delphi, and TCP/IP experience just on the level of administering and using, not on writing the aps.

ady
Jeremy Howard
The "e" in e-mail

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: I'll chip in! Reply with quote

I just pressed the 'quote' button half a dozen times before I realised it's *above* the posts on this board!
gpdoyon wrote:
What are the specifications?
There aren't any yet really... That's our first job. I'll start a thread with some thoughts soon. I've got a busy day tomorrow though so if someone else feels like doing a first draft I won't complain!

The goal is that when someone says "I can't connect", we say "double-click this" and it tells us everyone we'd need to know to resolve their problem...
eric_thiebaut
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted (inline) a small .bat file on the FastMail forum yesterday I think. It could be a good start for our specs.

Eric
Jeremy Howard
The "e" in e-mail

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I've progressed a bit past there... OK, I'll try and whip up a post now so that you can see where I've got to...
pkirkner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used Delphi, so I'm not going to be any use in the actual coding of this project. I would, however, be perfectly happy to help out with the documentation and testing, time permitting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FastCheck Forum Index -> FastTest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: